Freitag, 27. Mai 2011

I feel a new project coming on...

Yes, my last post was a serious post, and now I'm reverting back to my crazy, project-oriented self to tell you something awesome.

The Boy gave me a pair of earrings for my birthday this year, made of silver and fresh water pearls:


I've been thinking it would be awesome to make a matching necklace for special occasions, but wondered where I would be able to find inexpensive fresh water pearls. And then, while searching for a missing earring that I suspect may be in my "craft box" to be repaired, guess what I found?


Yes. That is a 16" string of freshwater pearls that I plundered from my mom's bead collection (with her permission, mind you) the last time I was home. I took a number of beads I liked so I would have something to work with the next time I felt like creating.

I don't actually know if the pearls are real, though I suspect they are due to their weight and the way they feel cold to the touch. They're a tiny bit bigger than the pearls on the earrings, and also tend a little bit more to ivory, but I don't think that's all that noticable. And I doubt I'd do any better finding matching pearls if I searched for a year.

So, until I have time to make my new necklace, I'll simply revel in the fact that I have everything I need to make it.

1 Kommentar: