Sonntag, 5. August 2012

How to get a perfectly tailored wedding dress with no effort...

... by wearing your mom's wedding dress!


My parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this July. I really wanted to try on my mom's wedding dress for kicks, so my grandmother dug it out of her attic, where it has been since 1972. The dress fits me absolutely perfectly, it's unbelievable. 

FYI: No, I'm not getting married. I'm not engaged and a wedding is not in the plans for the forseeable future, so don't get your hopes up!

Here are some more pictures:




Nice hair. lol.
If I ever get married, I don't know yet whether I'll use my mom's dress. I wouldn't wear it the way it is-- I would definitely personalize it. For one thing, I'd try to lower the neckline of the lining to modernize it. I'd probably also add a fuller, flowy skirt.

If I can get my hands on a digital copy and can get my mom's permission, I'll edit this post and add a picture of her on her wedding.

My grandmother also dug out her dress from 1950, but since I don't have a 21-inch waist (even with a corset), I have no chance of being able to wear it!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, the dress does fit you perfectly! What are the chances?

    Also, 21-inch waist? Crazy!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I know, right? I tried to use my civil war-era corset to make myself fit, but I could only get my waist down to 23 inches (very uncomfortably, I might add).

      Löschen