Montag, 6. August 2012

H&M Copycat Dress

My second-to-last post claimed I was going to be beginning a sewing spree. The sewing spree is now over, but my next two posts will be chronicling the things I made in the last few days.

While shopping at H&M, I came across a really pretty sleeveless blouse dress I liked, but H&M only had it in colors that were definitely not "me":

Imagine this color on someone with skin exactly this color.

So, I decided to make a dress to resemble it. Can you guess what fabric I used? If you guessed rayon challis, you're right!

The flowers are 3/4"-1" across.

For the basis of the dress, I used a pattern my mom had on file that was similar, Butterick B5315:



I made a number of alterations. Among other things, I didn't put in any of the darts on the bodice, designed a new collar, left the sleeves off, and added elastic around the waist. I also came up with my own skirt pattern because I didn't like the way the Butterick one had a seam going down the front and back middles of the skirt. It took me about 3 days to complete this dress.

Here's the dress on a hanger:

The fabric does NOT photograph well!

I'm very happy with how the dressed turned out. The only thing I would change is the collar-- it came out a little weird. I took a lot of extra material out of the skirt as well. I probably should have taken a little less out.

Here's me modeling it. I couldn't find the belt I was planning to model it with!

The fabric REALLY doesn't photograph well!
Tomorrow I'll post about a few small things I made during the sewing spree!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen